The many and various ways I pass the time now has a new addition. Usually it involves drinking coffee whilst sitting at a computer keeping in touch with chums, or sipping wine sitting on our tiny terrace catching the sun, and wondering what else I can do to avoid any cleaning or tidying or putting away of stuff and things that aren't even MINE. And now I am going to type this blog. Provided that doesn't become a chore as well, in which case...


Wednesday 17 August 2011

Picking myself up and dusting myself off...

I am terribly pleased to be able to report that since my last blog where I went chiz chiz like Molesworth rather a lot and felt everything was conspiring against me, especially my own body and my own home, I have since lost two pounds IN WEIGHT and tackled a bit of the house. The softly sagging mound that is my lower abdomen (what is known in the cosmetic surgery industry as a lady's "apron") is perceptibly smaller.  If it shrinks a bit more I might be able to pull it in and up on my own without resorting to Lycra to do it for me.  But let's not get ahead of myself.  2lbs can just as easily be put back on as lost.  When the scales read 7lbs less I can be sure something good is happening.

The bit of the house i decided to tackle was the smallest bit.  Softly, softly, catchee monkey.  I have "bottomed" the bathroom. In the course of the two hours it took I have thrown out several 4/5ths finished tubes of toothpaste, and ancient tooth brushes with curved overused bristles, and all those faffing little tubes and bottles of conditioners that come with hair colour, lots of dried up mascara, and lidless lipsticks and several candle holders (as having cheap tea lights in them means the smoke turns the tiles pale grey) and general chucked the clutter and bleached the mould and so on. Then I installed new soaps and fresh towels, so if we were to have a surprise visitor tomorrow at least they wouldn't be scared to take a bath or step under the shower.

 It doesn't look much, but I guess you had to have seen it before
I now feel immensely virtuous - one room down, seven more to go...two pounds gone, seven times that many to go.  Daily increments on the house (a room a day doesn't seem too ambitious, does it?) and weekly ones on the weight loss and by autumn both the house and I will be brighter, lighter and more fit for purpose.  Maybe The Husband will cast off a few kilos as well.  All of which is devoutly to be wished, but needs more than wishing to achieve. The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment