The many and various ways I pass the time now has a new addition. Usually it involves drinking coffee whilst sitting at a computer keeping in touch with chums, or sipping wine sitting on our tiny terrace catching the sun, and wondering what else I can do to avoid any cleaning or tidying or putting away of stuff and things that aren't even MINE. And now I am going to type this blog. Provided that doesn't become a chore as well, in which case...


Friday 1 April 2011

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

The Husband & Our Ma
Mother's Day 2001

I took this the first time I'd seen my boyfriend, as The Husband was then, with his mother on Mother's Day.  We hadn't had our first digital camera long, so it may have been the first photo of her I ever took.  I think I got her, and their relationship, bang-to-rights at the very first attempt.  Beginner's Luck?

Here's a couple of more recent ones, with The Dog, and The Husband, on Christmas Day 2010.  We knew what day it was, but she didn't, I am afraid, even with the plate of Christmas Dinner taken to her as a clue...




She calls The Dog "the diddly dog" and loves him with a passion.  The fact that The Dog  (with one of his humans) can visit her any time and will be adopted enthusiastically by the entire home, is one of the many things that emboldened me to choose the place we found for her and place her gently in it without delayTwo more days now until Mother's Day 2011, and the last evening she will spend in her own home.  I am glad I will have the camera to hide behind if I get a bit teary-eyed and sniffly.  Barty has plans to take his new HD camcorder  (for the same reason, I think) but I am guessing with some fizz and flowers and choccies and lots of teasing and joking we'll get though it like we get through everything - by finding the funny side as a matter of earnest priority.



No comments:

Post a Comment