The many and various ways I pass the time now has a new addition. Usually it involves drinking coffee whilst sitting at a computer keeping in touch with chums, or sipping wine sitting on our tiny terrace catching the sun, and wondering what else I can do to avoid any cleaning or tidying or putting away of stuff and things that aren't even MINE. And now I am going to type this blog. Provided that doesn't become a chore as well, in which case...


Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Husband's New Toy

The Husband has just today received off eBay a secondhand LCD projector that came with no manual.  As he's never daunted by the lack of anything as puny as mere "Destructions" or a pesky non-functioning remote control, he's got it going lickety spit, so can show anything off his pooter (DVDs, iPlayer, interweb, etc) and shine it onto a wall so it’s huge.  It's a bit fuzzy still, so I think the lenses need a damn good clean, but nevertheless our study is now his very own fleapit cinema. I’m going to have to get him some velveteen tip-up seats with drink holders and a sackful of microwave popcorn, I can see that.  And sell him cartons of orange juice from a tray tied around my neck.

It’s the first time he’s been childishly happy and excited for over a week, so even at a hundred smackers including shipping it’s paid for itself already as far as I’m concerned.

I've been so worried about him and all the Our Ma stuff.  I was wondering how grown up is it to have a daughter of 30 only a couple of weeks ago.  Now I'm thinking, how mature and terribly responsible does a chap feel when he puts his mum in a home?  

Too grown up, for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment